Another group of people I don’t get are the “those people want to change America” crowd.
Fuck yes I want to change America and fuck no that doesn’t mean I “hate” this country! If anything, that just means that I want to see this country do better.
I don’t want this country to be a hell-hole for…
[TW: rape, sexual assault]
These are the best (worst) GOP rape quotes I could find – but message me if you have more. Let’s hold these people accountable.
1. Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down” – mid 2012 Senate…
1. Wealth without work.
2. Pleasure without conscience.
3. Knowledge without character.
4. Business without ethics.
5. Science without humanity.
6. Religion without sacrifice.
7. Politics without principle.
Even though I have Google news set to only post pertinent world events from reliable, non-“tabloidal” sources, these sorts of topics continue to proliferate my news aggregate.
Our sense of “news” is so watered down and irrelevant. We’ve really blurred entertainment and of-interest-tidbits with current affairs and actual news.
Is western culture so bored with itself AND so scared of the rest of the world that topics like this are considered information?
Where do you get your news? What news sources do you trust?